Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI Feedback & Streamlining
Quick note, I'm typing this in haste, I only have 6 minutes until the next class comes in.

(04-01-2013, 11:30 AM)Killrob Wrote: All that is fine though, and not really the issue I was addressing - I don't think it was a bug or anything either, but my lack of understanding and lack of points of reference in that situation. There are no direct indicators for what would potentially sell and at what price, it's kind of a guessing game going in as a total n00b. As a player of a tycoon game you always want to base your choices on data, and while the data probably was there, I wasn't able to make the needed connections. Any more data showing what may sell, what the market wants and what the competition is selling, etc. would be very helpful. Maybe having something like a market study you can pay for (and takes a month or two to complete), to give new players an anchor, while better players get around that because they can make the necessary connections anyway.
Market surveys will be added after the image system and new buying system is implemented, The new buying system should create a way for me to have a dynamic demographic based on how companies influence the market. Sounds like a mouthful, but surveys will be a main part of that.

Viewing the competition already has spots in the GUI, the feature just isn't there yet.

As far as price, the per unit cost are all broken down in the expense report in the sale log in the office. Down to labor/marketing/branch/factory cost per unit. Perhaps I should make this visible in the distribution window?

But I do agree with you, There is still much work to be done displaying more data to the user.

Quote:As Kubby pointed out correctly, what I meant is an option like it already exists to fill all areas of your company with staff, but automatically at the end of the month before the next turn. I can't think of any situations where you'd want to build facilities and then let them stand empty. Sure, on higher levels of play there will be lots of optimization and fine-tuning going on. For a newcomer to the contract-work (project) oriented approach of yours, that kind of feature would make things easier, as it removes one item from the "must-remember" list.
Got it, I'll include such a checkbox in the quick details, settings, and RnD menus. Along with the increase wages with inflation checkbox.

Quote:I'm on a desktop computer, running standard full HD, gaming mousepad and a good mouse. I thought I did click the crosses the first time whenever that happened, felt like it didn't register. Maybe the hitbox is slightly smaller than the graphic representation?

Cheers!
/Robert

It is actually a problem with DDS textures and alpha picking... seems like some video cards change 2% opacity to pure alpha thus why you were having trouble clicking it... The close button has been changed to a fat box which should be easier to click...

Thanks again for the insight!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Killrob - 03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Eric.B - 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Kubby - 04-01-2013, 02:54 AM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Killrob - 04-01-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Eric.B - 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by lemonhead75 - 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: UI Feedback & Streamlining - by Eric.B - 12-05-2013, 02:07 PM