Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No maps are available in the "new game" dialogue
(04-28-2018, 08:17 PM)toaster maven Wrote: I'm running Gear City testing, 1.23.2, but this bug also appears in the standard version of Gear City distributed on Steam.  I am running on Linux.

When I click the "new game" dialogue, no maps are listed.  It is not possible to start a game without a map selected, but there is nothing to select.

Hello Toaster,

Is this the first time you've ran the game? Did it work fine before? Did you make any modifications to the files?

If this is the first time playing the game, please do a file verification: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-QEUH-3335

If that fails to resolve the issue, you'll need to do a clean manual reinstall. Most likely Steam downloaded the files and the MD5 checksums are correct, but the files are malformed. This happens in about 1 in every 2000 Steam downloads. You will need to follow these steps exactly:
1) Open the main game folder folder: http://wiki.gearcity.info/lib/exe/detail.php?id=troubleshooting%3Asteam_installfolder&media=troubleshooting:steam_open_install_folder.gif
2) Return to Steam, while leaving the folder open.
3) Uninstall the game.
4) When the game is finished uninstalling, delete everything that remains in the main game folder.
5) Reboot the computer
6) Reinstall the game.

If that still fails to resolve the issue, then we'll look into folder permissions on your system.
Let me know if the above works or not and we'll go from there.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: No maps are available in the "new game" dialogue - by Eric.B - 04-28-2018, 08:45 PM