Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engines are wierd
That would be cool. I know your budget is limited so is your team. So I'm not expecting animated engines and sounds, but it would be so nice of the sliders tied a bit more in designing a distinct/parts.

With the engine for example.

Rev./torque (I personally don't like the torque slider as torque is usually tied to stroke/bore, and actual engine parts like the fuel injection method, aspiration etc.)- plays more with fuel consumption, max power, and decreases reliability. The max revs. An engine makes is tied to how quickly it can cycle intake and exhaust. So things like the 2 stroke, L head etc will drastically change max revs. (As it already does).But I also think it should effect reliability because, think about it.. the faster something revs the hotter it burns and the more friction it exerts etc. And think of it this way, an engine that lasts the longest is never turned on. (It would provide incentive more like real world spec'd engines and places emphasis in making cars with 6000 rpm instead of like 13000 ~ formula 1 speeds).

Material. Should influence rev limit (it would also influence durability and weight), however fuel shoul be tied to revs and fuel injection process, components. So if the material quality lvl raises the revs it could raise fuel consumption.

Performance effects torque with little to change to revs.

Fuel eco. For slight hit in power. Deals mainly with air fuel intake and exahust.

Fuel eco research for research price increase fuel eco get better eco no performance hit. Deals mainly with octane, fuel air mix.

Components and tech should effect a little of everything, play with the slider to hit pockets of better performance, fuel eco, smoothness.

Haven't thought of the other sliders... But I think that would be a healthy compromise between your simple game and more complex games like automation and/or real life.

Messages In This Thread
Engines are wierd - by Unavailableartist - 04-15-2018, 11:05 AM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Eric.B - 04-15-2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Unavailableartist - 04-15-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Eric.B - 04-15-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Unavailableartist - 04-15-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: Engines are wierd - by Eric.B - 04-16-2018, 10:49 AM