Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v. 1.23 (tb) - questions and feedback
Quote:1920x1080 is the resolution I use on my desktop as well as ingame. I play fullscreen (with the steam overlay). With the newest changes (SP4) the windowed versions of my reports look a little different. The navigation buttons are now on the right and everything is much easier to read. I have made some screenshots.  (files are attached)

As you can see, the navigation buttons are now on the upper right. They were below the text before. This allows more space for the report itself, which is now upright. Before these recent changes the window was much smaller and I had two scrollbars (horizontal & vertical). With only one scrollbar and upright layout it is much easier to read. Since it appears a bit smaller, there is less scolling. These changes are welcomed.

Ok, gotchya. Your complaint is with the web browser scroll bars and not the in game GUI.

There is no way to stop the webpages from requiring scrolling. They are designed this way.

There is also no way to change the size of the game GUI window for the web browser. This window has to be a power of 2 in size, thus it only supports 256px, 512px, 1024px, and 2048px.

Quote:You also asked for a logfile. I uploaded it here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/13FuFNMt...sp=sharing) but can also send it via e-mail. 
If you're on this forum, I would have preferred if you just attached it to a post. That being said, google drive is fine.

That being said, looking at the log file, it doesn't seem like it crashed? The log files overwrite every time you start the game, so you would need to send me a log right after crashing or which ever one of the previous session logs you have.

Quote:I have located the files, but am not sure which changes I have to do to which files. I read the Gear City Wiki but couldn`t find any information on how to adjust CSS files. It is nothing urgent, but if you have a link or some advise, I would be thankful.  

That is because these files aren't meant to be modded. Your changes will be overwritten with every update. That being said, I believe most reports use datatables.min.css, dropdown.css, and all the MagazinePage#.html and newspaper.html files. If you're editing .html files, be sure that you escape braces {{ and }} for every { and } you want. This is how you modify the files: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

Quote:Sorry to hear that - it was meant to be a suggestion from someone, who loves the game.

Glad they're enjoying the game! And sorry for shooting down the idea. I'm on the tail end of development, so there won't be too many features added that aren't already on my list.

Quote:The game itself is something special. I have played it longer than any other game in my life, even though it is a hardcore economic simulation. The early years are very challenging, especially with stiff competition. Even after so many new starts, I sometimes fail within the first ten years, especially when trying out something new. The possiblility of modding (changing logos, adjusting the AI) has enriched the game experience alot. I could spend hours in the creator - staring at long columns and lists. It isn´t a game that looks super fance but has a depth that I have seldomly experienced; plus, it puts a smile on my face.

Thanks for the kind words! Hopefully with a little more work it'll get even better soon. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: v. 1.23 (tb) - questions and feedback - by Eric.B - 02-05-2018, 01:21 PM