Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wartime production
I notice that when you enter the second world war that all sales stop and unless you plan a little bit you can have huge stockpiles of cars sitting there until 1945 and then all of a sudden they all get sold as the war ends (As in real life). But although you can pick up the odd engine or vehicle contract they are few and far between. Now I know a lot of the American and British automotive industries switched to war materiel but this is not really reflected in the game. I am thinking of things like Jeeps which were mass produced by Ford and GM because Willys didn't have the capacity but other things like Chevy WB trucks which were adapted from a civilian design and the big Packard Limousines which were used to ferry top brass about. The military also used a lot of off the shelf stuff rather than a specific design for them and used as staff cars for various commanders etc. I wonder whether this might be better reflected with contracts offered for existing designs more than a new design spec which can take 2 years to design and test.

Messages In This Thread
Wartime production - by moonraker - 05-11-2017, 03:36 AM
RE: Wartime production - by Eric.B - 05-11-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: Wartime production - by moonraker - 05-11-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: Wartime production - by Eric.B - 05-12-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: Wartime production - by moonraker - 05-12-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Wartime production - by Eric.B - 05-13-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Wartime production - by moonraker - 05-14-2017, 03:53 AM