Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disappearing auto brands
Which version of the game are you playing?

From the sounds of the marque names, you're playing a mod?

Quote:a) the newspaper usually says that e.g. "Lancia" has spun off "BMW" following it´s chapter 11 bancruptcy". A different article states that the same company was sold. It says that Parent company "Lancia" has sold off ther maque "BMW" to the "BMW"'s management. Any auto brand that is sold and spun off this way will never be seen again. Which is a pitty.
A spin off doesn't necessarily mean some other company is getting it. Spin offs can result in independent companies, which might not have the funding to survive. Nor actually selling a marque means that it'll be sold to someone who will use the brand. It can be sold to other auto companies or banks or just sold and killed off.

When a company goes out of business or they decide to sell of a marque, they sometimes allow for other companies to bid, including yours. You have enable this however, Mega Menu -> Auto Commands -> Bid on Bankrupt Companies. And you have to have enough money. If you and other companies do not have enough money, or no one is interested, then it'll be up to banks/investors or the company will vanish.

Quote:b) The alternative is that these huge companies simply go bancrupt and all brands, they owned, vanish.
That's life. There well over 6000 documented automobile marques in the world, but only a couple hundred active ones. Many of those 5800+ just vanished, others are just held by companies both in and out of the automobile industry and are completely unused.

That being said, in v1.25 I have plans on dynamically created AI marques as the world monopolizes. But if you're playing with 10 or 25 AI, that's part of the problem. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
disappearing auto brands - by kurmolke - 03-23-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: disappearing auto brands - by Eric.B - 03-23-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: disappearing auto brands - by kurmolke - 03-23-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: disappearing auto brands - by Eric.B - 03-23-2017, 11:08 PM