Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disappearing auto brands
When starting a new game, I usually have the intention of owning several auto brands, so that my company can cover different segments with different car brands; similar to Volkswagen IRL. Eric said that this subdivision would make sense (link). So I eye a couple of competing companies from early on and hope that they go public soon.

My problem is that many of the brands I`d like to own never seem to go public. Still, they somehow can merge with or be bought by other companies (who often also decided against an IPO). They turn into mega-companies, who often go bancrupt after a couple of years.

If they go bancrupt, there are two scenarios:

a) the newspaper usually says that e.g. "Lancia" has spun off "BMW" following it´s chapter 11 bancruptcy". A different article states that the same company was sold. It says that Parent company "Lancia" has sold off ther maque "BMW" to the "BMW"'s management. Any auto brand that is sold and spun off this way will never be seen again. Which is a pitty.

b) The alternative is that these huge companies simply go bancrupt and all brands, they owned, vanish. mad

In any case, I can`t own any of the brands I desire.

Am I right with my observation? Have you experienced similar developements? Do you have some advice for me?

Messages In This Thread
disappearing auto brands - by kurmolke - 03-23-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: disappearing auto brands - by Eric.B - 03-23-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: disappearing auto brands - by kurmolke - 03-23-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: disappearing auto brands - by Eric.B - 03-23-2017, 11:08 PM