Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics Temp and CTD`s when at RnD Department
Sorry for the late reply, I was out of office.

(11-13-2016, 11:34 AM)bragametro Wrote: First of all many thanks for your "precious" game.
I have been waiting since more than 2 decades for a good spiritual successor of "Detroit" and "Motor City" games.
I really hope your success so I can play Aero Mogul sooner.

Thanks for the kind words. AM will take a while to make, we have to get GC done first!

Quote:When I am at RnD Department designing a component, it happens with all, and I am choosing sliders if I sit there some time my video card fans start spinning crazy and than CTD. But if I am always moving sliders then video card fans start to spin slower.

My video card is a MSI R9 290X Lightning running in a Win 7 64Bits.

Thanks.

This shouldn't be a problem with this video card/OS combo.

Looking at your log file, I noticed a bunch of:
3D9 device: 0x[09F200E0] lost.

Before your crash. Did you open up another window, alt-tabbed, or minimize the game any? DirectX 9 has a problem with this sort of thing. if it's not handled properly. Sometimes it's unnoticeable with certain drivers, sometimes it crashes anytime it loses focus.

Anyway, I believe this is the case. A simple solution to this issue if you find your self switching screens often is to use the OpenGL renderer (you can change it in the settings.) OpenGL will be less graphically pretty, but it should be much more stable.

If this works for you, let me know. If it doesn't, send me the new log file.

Thanks! And Sorry.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics Temp and CTD`s when at RnD Department - by Eric.B - 11-13-2016, 08:12 PM