Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Several questions
I'm new to the game and I have quite some questions. It seems really fun and really immersive and I really want to learn the most about it.

1. In my first game I did quite well, my cheap 1HP phaeton was the most popular car in the world for many years, and I followed it with 1HP pickup, coupe, compact, which were quite popular too. Pickup eventually was 2nd most popular in the world. Is it plausible? I think that cars were a bit better in 1900s - mine was the most popular for many years. Is it the best strategy? It certainly seems so.
2. What's with locomotive and ship engines? I can never get steam engine to be that powerful. What's the catch?
3. The game starts to get quite hard in the 1920s. I've introduced several cars in 1919 and 1920, which were quickly the most popular in the world or at least North America, and I even managed to expand to Europe a bit. However, after about 2-3 years I have to sell my cars very closely to my costs and I'm now losing money, despite making 3 million profit just several months ago. Is it because I am pulling the production slider all the way towards quantity and never to quality except for expensive cars? Does it have any long term effect? I think my cars are still quite competitive in terms of price and quality but instead of 4.000 per month I am now selling 1.500. Also, do customers become more and more demanding over time, they certainly seem so now.
4. Is there any way to see how successful my marketing is? Sometimes after increasing marketing I can even double my sales and sometimes not.
5. Shouldn't there be more military contracts during the war? Currently there doesn't seem to be much more than usual and some by occupied country - like Danish Air Force or Danish Army. Also, Argentinian Air Force is ordering plane engines by the thousands in 1916, shouldn't British or Americans order them, not a 3rd world nation (at the time).
6. Is there any way to make car as successful as Model T? So far I could never get more cars sold than several hundred thousands.
7. I've read that 95% of car companies went bankrupt between 1900 and 1915, does the game model this, it didn't seem to, really.
8. I've tried to manufacture cars with steam and electric engines - both sell very poorly, why? Those were quite popular in 1900s and even early 1910s.
9. How does the transportation cost change over time? I tried to open a factory in Brazil, but the costs of delivering cars to USA were too large.
10. Are there any guides I could use? Or recent Let's Plays?
11. Also, how important things like fuel efficiency or quality are in the 1910s and 1920s? My very inefficient and low quality cars were a huge hit until the 1910s when I shifted to a bit better ones, but those didn't seem to be selling as well as some of the cheapest ones on the market. I think that 1km/l is much worse to use than 9km/l - why would anyone use the first one?

Also, on the side:
1. Are there any plans for 3d engine models? Or 3d interiors?
2. Are there any plans to make this game moddable?
3. Will we ever get options to customize the interior to some degree, like in Automation - by adding radio, or cassette player?

Also, reporting a bug - Stuttgart is not 25 km south of Berlin in real world ;-)
Also, also, is there any way to switch the car magazine to how it looked before? I really don't like its current look.

Messages In This Thread
Several questions - by Pomeranian - 10-27-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Several questions - by Eric.B - 10-27-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: Several questions - by Pomeranian - 10-27-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: Several questions - by Eric.B - 10-28-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: Several questions - by Pomeranian - 10-29-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Several questions - by Eric.B - 10-30-2016, 09:50 AM