Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
String of suggestions.
Forgot I posted this.
Quote:This is working as designed. The stars in the design panels are "Estimates"
The lower your design skills are, the greater these estimates will be from the truth. Likewise the higher your design skills are the closer to accurate (and higher) the ratings will be.

Which if you think about it is fairly true in real life. If everyone knew exactly how good something is before they started doing it, there wouldn't be a need for engineering analyst in the world.

Which is true, and it would be more understandable if it were random i.e. high skill (slightly better with slight variance), mid.. (about the same as expected), low (results are randomly lower than expected).

However it's a consistent and predictable error 45 rated engine gives 2 1/2 stars in design panel and when the model is completed the same chassis/engine etc.. has the same rating just 1/2 a star less.

Other things cost is sometimes higher or lower. An engine I made to be $125 turns out to cost 126. However for the most part its consistent what you designed is what you get.

But it is your game, and a good one.... if this is what you intended then so be it predictable thing to work around though... just make your engine 25/45 rated engine rate 46 or 26 it'll keep it's stars Wink

Messages In This Thread
String of suggestions. - by Unavailableartist - 07-22-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: String of suggestions. - by Eric.B - 07-22-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: String of suggestions. - by Unavailableartist - 08-02-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: String of suggestions. - by Eric.B - 08-03-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: String of suggestions. - by Eric.B - 08-04-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: String of suggestions. - by Unavailableartist - 08-05-2016, 12:56 AM