Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King Cars - hard difficulty (with small tutorial steps at the start)
1920-1921:

1920 was a slow year and we struggled a bit due to our enourmous spendings in RnD and factory construction. No month with losses but profit dropped sometimes below $1.000.000 per month.

With the introduction of several new vehicles end 1920 and early 1921 things finally changed: We're now at about 9 to 10 Millions profit per month with lots of markets still unserved, like Asia except Japan or everything east of Vienna and Stockholm in Europe.

Currently we have two models that sell way aboe 1000 units per month, our Sedan:
[Image: xom8r9wy.png]

And our Phaeton:
[Image: jotnlkzu.png]

As you may notice the names changed a bit. That's simply because I try to match them in this game with my fun-noob-easy-game I mentioned in the first post. Downside is I have to use an Excel sheet again as I can't remember what kind of car XY is and where it is produced... First world problems, I know.

Due to the fact vehicles start to repeat themselves, as I mostly do facelifts, I only post new or extraordinary vehicles here. I'll add the savegame to this post so whoever wants can go and look the rest up themselve.

This is our Minivan, Europe (that actually sells bad in Europe as most Minivans do):
[Image: zn9habcg.png]

And that's the Shooting Brake, Queen Anne. Somehow people love purchasing this thing:
[Image: homfnelb.png]

That's the sale figures for May 1921:
[Image: lwnhin5v.png]

We're massively out of production capacity in Europe for another 3 months when the new 100/100 London factory comes online.

I'm still not sure how bad the next crisis might be so there have not been an order for a 3rd US and/or a 3rd Europe plant yet. I'm also thinking about a small South American factory, maybe through purchase of a competitor.

As King Cars produces expensive cars I don't see a point in expanding way further into Asia and South America. Of course we could target the rich as an audience and that would work, however, I feel this would make the game easier as the landaulet and limousines (as well as the luxury sedan and a possible sports car) already add a good share to revenue and profit.

Of course I also don't plan to start to produce cheap cars just to make them affordable in the 2nd and 3rd world. Maybe with a marque in some decades if we're still around by then.

Oh, fun fact:
When we took over Cadillac some years ago they had over 8000 (!) cars in stock. Since then I try to sell them for a very cheap price but the pile up is still massive. Maybe I should have reported that as a bug?

Attached Files
.7z   Curse1.7z (Size: 6.98 MB / Downloads: 399)

Messages In This Thread
RE: King Cars - hard difficulty (with small tutorial steps at the start) - by Curse - 01-14-2016, 11:10 AM