Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I access all the contracts from the list?
(01-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Curse Wrote: 1) However, there is a second part of that list and I am not allowed to apply for those contracts. Why is that and how can I change it?

Assuming you clicked Contracts in RnD or Contracts in the Phone in the office:

The list on the left is the available contracts. The list on the right is the contract requirements.

On the bottom right is the info panel, you should have a select button. If you click that, it should open up a new window with the engine or vehicles that meet the requirements. If no engine or vehicles meet the contract requirement, you'll get a "hey dummy" I mean "Hey Boss" message. (No one makes fun of their boss behind their back...)

Once you found the part you want to submit in that list, select it, then you'll be back to the old contract window. Some contracts have a "fixed" offer. On those just hit submit offer. You'll get a notice if you win or lose it in a few months. The other type you have to "bid." This is the total cost per unit. So be sure to factor in your unit costs (and for cars your labor and company overhead.)

Quote:2) Also, is there a way to see/know the absolute financial limits the firms are willing to pay? Something like 300% max or so?
Nope, otherwise everyone would just bid the highest. It's different for each contract. Don't rip them off. They'll know... There are also contracts without bidding process. Those tell you how much the customers are willing to pay.

Quote:3) Must one pay shipping costs for contract produced products?
Nope.

Quote:4) Engine contracts: I don't even try for contracts with 1-5 units per month as I can't see to make a profit out of that with factory running costs etc. Am I missing something?
Typically those are stuff like ships, they have a higher max bid amount. Thus allowing you to create 1000% margins. Works well if you can line up a few contracts with the same engines. (Which is exactly what real big boat companies do! )

Quote:Thanks for your help.
Welcome, and sorry for the late reply, got overloaded.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can I access all the contracts from the list? - by Eric.B - 01-09-2016, 01:11 AM