Poll: Which should I do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove Vehicle Selection
75.00%
3 75.00%
Keep Vehicle Selection
0%
0 0%
I don't care.
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Removing Vehicle Selection from Marketing.
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of rewriting the backend to our marketing system to both improve speed, functionality, and AI's ability to use it. As well to implement new features for 1.19.1 and beyond.

In the middle of this, I thought for a second about removing the ability to specifically market for a vehicle. Instead you would assign marketing for the entire branch. The effect of your branch marketing would equally effect the vehicles sold from that branch. (Where as now each vehicle's marketing effectiveness is calculated individually.)

From a player standpoint, this will reduce the micromanagement of marketing. If you have 20 models, You only have to manage a maximum of 274*8=2,192 combinations instead of 43,840 combonations (Assuming you don't use the autotools for everything!) This would also free up space in the World Map GUI so I can put in more data, such as how your marketing is actually effecting vehicles...

Since this is a major functionality change, I would like your thoughts:
1) Keep specific Marketing for individual vehicles.
2) Move marketing to branch level and have it evenly spread out for each vehicle sold at the location.

We'll have a few days(Monday-ish) before I decide. Thanks!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts On Removing Vehicle Selection from Marketing. - by Eric.B - 01-01-2016, 10:25 AM