Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some suggestions for the car designing process
Hello!!

I made my way through the game up to 1945 and then I decided to update to 1.18.7, so I have to re-start now. Here are my thoughts so far:

1) The World Wars:
-racing should definitely stop at that times,
-GDP should decline sharply and only start recovering thereafter,
-same thing with car demand: after the wars microcars should be very much sought after in Europe (till around 1960) while luxury cars shouls sell only in the US, etc. This does not seem to be reflected in the game, or am I wrong? (the demand for different car types should change more often regardless of the wars - e.g. pahetons were almost extinct by 1935),

3) Important racing series to be added: Mille Miglia, Rallye Monte Carlo, Liege-Rome-Liege marathon.

4) After a couple of game-time decades it becomes very frustrating to look for new models in car reviews/comparisons, because you find there so many obsolete models. Also, in the class challenges it is useless to include 5 generations of one model, of which 4 are out of the market...

5) Two-stroke engines seem to be wrongly balanced. They are not cheaper than any other type (which they should) and they are almost never competitive. In fact, between 1930-1970 there were a lot of 2-stroke cars which were quiet efficient (up to 100 HP / litre!!) and still cheap to make. In the game you can't reproduce it - a simple 4-stroke design is always better.

What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some suggestions for the car designing process - by SzczepanKolaczek - 12-05-2015, 02:26 PM