Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regional year end awards based on cars actually sold.
The year end awards system should be based on cars sold in a particular region. Not the base region of the company that makes it, as it is now.

The current model makes growing a global company unnecessary problematic.

Imaginary scenario:

- I start a US company. And being an engineer I like engineering good cars, and I like the sales boost winning awards give me.

- Things work out ok and I want to expand overseas to the EU. And now the hassle start.

- I can sell my models in the EU, but I am only eligible for awards in the US (Yes I can get the global ones but I can not compete for the EU ones)

- Ok I try workaround 1 and a bit of role playing (GM/Vauxhall/Opel kind of thing). So i create a sub marque. But that does not help me one bit. Since all marques I make will also be US based.
Suggestion 1: is the make home region of your sub marques selectable. This would be great for roleplaying, and a workaround for the initial problem although not the ideal one.

- Workaround 2: I buy a company already based in the EU. And can now get my cars eligible for awards there too. But this in turn creates other hassles.

#1 Buying another company works for an US/EU expansion, but not other regions. The AI never seem to start in marginal areas in the early years (I have seen South America, but never Australia, Africa or Asia).

#2 It makes a global company a hassle, to sell a good sedan in 3 regions means you need 3 carbon copies of it under different marques. Add a Phaeton and a Compact Car you have 9 cars to research and manage sales for. Add a couple of more vehicle classes and the sales list clutters up. And making new models every year becomes a lot of repeat clicking. Even if I am using the new trim shortcut, make a new identical trim and just change the marque. (There is a bug there that is annoying see bugthread: Bug! Making a carbon copy clone using the design new trim function). Add a couple of more regions you get the picture...

With the new districting system on the way, tidying up the sales and production side of managing a global company. The award system should also get an overhaul. And selling a car in a region should make you automatically eligible for an award in that region. Example: IF I make and sell the GM sedan1 in the US, EU and Australia, it should be eligible for an award in all three regions.

Messages In This Thread
Regional year end awards based on cars actually sold. - by Shepherd - 06-25-2015, 06:26 AM