Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is GCs market big enough?
(04-21-2015, 07:02 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Thanks for the info, very interesting. So I really should go ahead with my plan to expand into broader product groups to see what size global market I can create!
You might want to wait for the first or second minor build of 1.19. As I plan on implementing districting and grouping which should make managing very large companies easier.

Quote:If I make two marques, each selling two sedans, will that create a bigger market than one making 4 sedan trims? Or have I totally missed the mark?

Actually, I have misread it.... I should pay more attention.

You missed the mark. Wink It's based on number of dealerships. Which means its for per parent holding company and not sub-brands.

Quote:So, if I build bigger branches and thus get more dealerships. I will actually activity create a bigger market for my vehicles rather than just nabbing a bigger percentage of what's already there?

Yes, exactly. You create a bigger market for you, and a slightly larger market for your competition. This is primary due to what's called the shop around effect. If one dealer is throwing a sale and advertising, I will probably stop at two or three other dealerships to make sure it's a good deal. The bigger purchasing costs the more likely this happens in real life.

So yes, building better branches should increase dealerships which will increase sales for you and your competition. The amounts however still need to be adjusted.

I've also been needling with the idea of splitting a city's population up using dealerships. But it'll be a while once things slow down before I can play with this idea.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Is GCs market big enough? - by Frankschtaldt - 04-21-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Is GCs market big enough? - by Eric.B - 04-21-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Is GCs market big enough? - by Frankschtaldt - 04-21-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Is GCs market big enough? - by Eric.B - 04-21-2015, 09:34 PM