Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monthly Loss jump
(02-10-2015, 09:48 AM)Eric.B Wrote: If you were making less than that, then yes, it probably was something else.

Yea those companies barely broke 20 grand in profits per month. When they were profitable.

(02-10-2015, 09:48 AM)Eric.B Wrote: It becomes important during wartime. Unless you plan to idle your company.

This I found weird. I was expecting to be shut down by WWI but it just cut my profits in half. Then again I stumbled on a strategy where I have a giant distribution network and only use a piece of it (sometimes as low as a quarter) so when demand takes a dip I continue to sell as normal. I'm sure this cuts into profits but it requires significantly less management from me. I generally err on the side of luxury anyhow so there is supposed to be some mystique there. lol Next game I will be experimenting with controlling demand through prices though.

(02-10-2015, 09:48 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I typically try to build the contract engines where they can fit multiple contracts. It allows me to bid on multiple contracts using the same component. Over a few years, specially if you can land country exclusive contracts, it'll pay off.

The profit isn't high enough either though. I generally have a hard time clearing more than a couple hundred a unit even after I've made them unreliable as can be (I generally feel sorry for the poor GI's who work on my govt contract engines). Meanwhile a luxury truck on the same line could be making me a grand a piece at usually higher production rates.

In a pinch I could see using a contract but in peace time it's not my business model.

(02-10-2015, 09:48 AM)Eric.B Wrote: In 1.18 I believe I'll be working in a way to "see" what effects your designed components would have on a "generic" vehicle. That should help I think.

I was going to suggest this actually but didn't want to come off too pushy.

(02-10-2015, 03:06 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Sorry to chime in with something off topic but this is awesome!
This is the kind of story that makes supercar legend Smile

Yea it was a slaughter house. Everyone else in the competition was still racing 100cc single cylinders that could barely do 35mph. This thing comes out big as a house doing 60mph+ and turning on a dime. I didn't even have to spend more than minimum funding on the team. 3 seasons of undefeated racing before the underlying company went underwater.

Racing history is littered with this exact story, engine shops sticking old govt contract plane or boat engines in racecars around the WWI/II era. In this instance I beat history by a few years but that's alright.

Messages In This Thread
Monthly Loss jump - by foreverska - 02-08-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by Eric.B - 02-08-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by foreverska - 02-10-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by Eric.B - 02-10-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by Frankschtaldt - 02-10-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by foreverska - 02-11-2015, 12:29 AM