Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monthly Loss jump
(02-10-2015, 03:12 AM)foreverska Wrote: Maybe it was a miss click somewhere because those were low revenue corps. No way one had 2mil in taxes. It would be nice if my bean counters could budget for taxes though. I would rather see a smaller but more consistent number every month.
That depends, taxes are accumulative, and you only pay them on the quarters like in real life. The last filing will be for the entire year, if you over paid you get a refund, if you under paid, you pay more.

So for instance, if you're making $1.5m profits a month, that's $4.5m profits for the quarter. At a 45% tax rate, that would be 2m. If you were making less than that, then yes, it probably was something else.

Quote:Also thanks for the help on the contracts. I'm not sure it's my business model but still.
I becomes important during wartime. Unless you plan to idle your company.

Quote: I just hate losing a bid and being stuck with a boat engine in my lineup that doesn't fit anything.
I typically try to build the contract engines where they can fit multiple contracts. It allows me to bid on multiple contracts using the same component. Over a few years, specially if you can land country exclusive contracts, it'll pay off.

Quote:Do people design a car one part at a time? I have trouble hitting certain numbers (top speed or an MPG goal). The only way I can imagine having any clue what the end numbers are would be to design it one part at a time and go into the advanced design for a car and use that to tweak the remaining parts but I'd be pissed to learn I spent 4-8mo on an unworkable part.

I'm not sure, you'll have to wait for other people's comments on this.

I find my self designing parts to fit a certain idea of what I want. But never particularly for any specific stats. That being said. In 1.18 I believe I'll be working in a way to "see" what effects your designed components would have on a "generic" vehicle. That should help I think.

Quote:nitpick:
When resizing a factory it would be nice to see the progress, "X months until resizing done"

I think it shows it if you hit "Resize" again. It should also be in one of the reports. But I will make a note of it when I get back to doing worldmap/megamenu stuff.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Monthly Loss jump - by foreverska - 02-08-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by Eric.B - 02-08-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by foreverska - 02-10-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by Eric.B - 02-10-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by Frankschtaldt - 02-10-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Monthly Loss jump - by foreverska - 02-11-2015, 12:29 AM