Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aircraft Manufacturers
The problem with this is the amount of aircraft designed (not very many), the amount that are sold (not very many again), and the length aircrafts go between new designs (decades.) I have thought about it. But I don't think it'd turn into a good game if done realistically.

To give you example, you design a 737, outside of engine selection it remains the same for 60 years. You design a 747, outside of engine selection it remains the same for 40 years... You design a figher jet, like f16, it remains practically the same for 35 years...

That being said,
We may work in a way where you can partner with aircraft manufacturers to design/fund specific airplanes for your operation. However we won't have any actual physical designing of aircraft. But the AI will control and run aircraft manufacturers, so if you buy a lot of Lockheeds, they might not stop making jet liners. Smile

Also you should note, that with some xml modification and 3d models, GearCity would actually be able to support military and civilian fleet aircraft contracting as well as consumer aircraft sales. You could actually design aircraft in game. However the only limitations are the ratings. They'll still be car centric. But it's possible if someone ever wanted to do it. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Aircraft Manufacturers - by zane94s - 01-21-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: Aircraft Manufacturers - by Eric.B - 01-21-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Aircraft Manufacturers - by freeman2344 - 02-10-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Aircraft Manufacturers - by Tridon - 01-23-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: Aircraft Manufacturers - by Eric.B - 01-24-2015, 01:46 AM
RE: Aircraft Manufacturers - by Tridon - 01-24-2015, 05:47 AM