Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Design Tendencies
Didn't you already bring this up? http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1750
I know I've talked about it 4 or 5 times in the last 2 months. And I've mentioned the following more than once. Tongue

All components will be getting a popularity index, which will effect both the consumer and AI decisions. These will be dynamic just as they are with vehicle types. This will cause consumers to choose things like 4-stroke engines over 2-strokes more often. And also prevent the AI from making silly things. Since the popularity indexes can be influenced, it means you could change the course of history, say forcing electric cars to be popular long before their time. (Even though I have disabled electric cars for the time being)

Prefab lists won't work well since there is MUCH that plays into the variables and statistics of an engine. No two engines on such a list would be the same.

Anyhoo AI's designs will not be getting touched until 1.18 when I rework some of the parts of the RnD system.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
AI Design Tendencies - by freeman2344 - 09-28-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: AI Design Tendencies - by Eric.B - 09-29-2014, 12:29 AM