Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Factory running costs bugged
I did some more work on this.
I started by fully retooling the factory I had and taking a screen of the running costs and production numbers then making 4 new saves. In one I increased all sliders on the factory by 1 click (on the arrow), in each of the other I increased only one slider by 2 clicks.

I made sure factories were 100% retooled before taking all of these pics.

Screens attached. You'll note that in all of these my running costs have increased by a ridiculous amount. From $64k up to $1.1M at best and as high as $3.8M!
Remember I'm still paying for workers and materials on top of that.

You'll also note that when I only increased Capacity or Optimization my production has actually gone down!

If you do some numbers on the tech one. My factory running costs are $3.8M now with a capacity of 6048 cars if I turn the quality slider to the far right. That means I need to clear $629.2 per car after wages, advertising, shipping, material costs etc etc. to draw even provided I could sell every car I made. Given the game is suggesting I sell the car for $1039 I'd call that impossible, I'm actually selling the cars for more than double that and I'm still not coming close to turning a profit.

Also decided to have a go at building a brand new factory in New York to see how that went.

Sliders were all set to minimum so running cots were much lower than all the other examples. Having said that, running cost vs output was $191.84/car vs $13.83/car for my original factory so that's still a 1,287% increase!

It would seam that as it currently stands, the only way for a company to remain profitable is to leave their original factory untouched and to build new factories with minimum sliders when more production is required.

I personally think this needs a major re-balance!

Here's all the saves.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   SaveGames.rar (Size: 5.79 MB / Downloads: 416)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by -root - 07-19-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Frankschtaldt - 07-25-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Eric.B - 07-25-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Savoyard - 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Eric.B - 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Eric.B - 08-01-2014, 07:23 AM