Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Factory running costs bugged
I've noticed that in every game I've started since 1.14.7, whenever I upgrade my starting factory or build a new one that's any bigger than 1-2 clicks up from minimum I instantly start haemorrhaging money and always bankrupt within a year of opening the factory.
So, in the latest game I started I made a save before I upgraded my factory so I could compare the numbers.

So, the game started in 1930 in Iceland. I am building high end sports cars and turning a good profit. I decide I need to expand a bit so I begin upgrading my factory (same amount of increase in all three sliders, basically three clicks up) with the intention of introducing a fifth car to my lineup, I figure I'll need the extra capacity to meet demand!

So, to compare the before and after numbers.
My initial factory could produce 4413 vehicles with 1490 workers (quality slider far right) and came up in my reports as a "Factory expenses" of around $1.6M.
My new factory a year later can produce 5744 vehicles with 1553 workers and shows up in my reports as a "Factory expenses" of over $5.4M and that's only running at about 2/3 capacity!

So, I get a 30% increase in production capacity from less than 5% more staff. Great! But my factory now costs more than three times as much to run!

By economies of scale, the cost per vehicles really should be less the larger the factory gets. This isn't just opposite, this is several orders of magnitudes opposite!

Saves attaches so you can check out the stuff and stuff.

Attached Files
.rar   Frank.rar (Size: 824.34 KB / Downloads: 477)
.rar   Frank2 Factory Update.rar (Size: 898.89 KB / Downloads: 440)

Messages In This Thread
[TESTING]Factory running costs bugged - by Frankschtaldt - 07-18-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by -root - 07-19-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Eric.B - 07-25-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Savoyard - 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Eric.B - 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: Factory running costs bugged - by Eric.B - 08-01-2014, 07:23 AM