Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few more odd things
(06-06-2014, 08:32 PM)Eric.B Wrote: B) This has been a common request. I've never been a fan of popups. That being said, I may work it in, but it won't be a high priority, and it will certainly be toggle-able.

C) I might be able to make a load summary that will pop up after you load a game. Again won't be a high priority.

D) Yea I was thinking of changing the dot color as well. That being said, the HQ can be found in the Stock Information for you company.

F) You're correct, I should probably fix that, since higher is worse! Smile

Quote:I forgot to add that I am quite impressed with the amount of interaction you have on the forums.

This is actually less interaction than normal for me. Next 2 months will be pretty hectic with RL, then I should be able to get back into my groove.

I actually think "B" is important for new people to the game and is a generally accepted good practice. When I first started the game, it was not clear to me what each desk option did. Having tooltips would have greatly helped me learn the options quicker. Although some tooltips are implemented with temporary popup displays as you stated however, another technique is to display the text in the bottom status bar of the window instead. This way the help text still displays but not in popup form.

Just an idea....anything that can be added to the user interface to help the user not have to refer to a manual or trial/error is always a good thing in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
Few more odd things - by RatAttack - 06-06-2014, 03:33 PM
RE: Few more odd things - by RatAttack - 06-06-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Few more odd things - by Eric.B - 06-06-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Few more odd things - by RatAttack - 06-06-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: Few more odd things - by Eric.B - 06-06-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Few more odd things - by Grim.Reaper - 06-07-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Few more odd things - by RatAttack - 06-07-2014, 06:17 PM