Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Buyer Question
(06-06-2014, 09:07 PM)Grim.Reaper Wrote: Thanks for the replies....I likely will pick the game up tomorrow.
We'll have a new update tomorrow too! So nice timing! Smile

Quote:Just curious if your able to say...in the early sales, is it meeting your expectations where it looks like it will have longevity?
That's a tough question, As of right now, it's beating my minimum expectations. Which is to make back the capital costs (money) I put into the game. That does not mean sales will remain the same. It could increase or more likely decrease. I don't know.

Roughly in November I will take a step back and see what is what. I would assume if I have broken even on capital costs by then, I will continue to make GearCity as feature complete as possible. If I'm way off from even, I will write up a list of things that MUST be done in order for me to be comfortable with a retail release, and do them. It won't be the product I want, but you have to cut losses on a losing horse sometime, specially one that eats up 4 years of your life.

You may see me talk about a "Multiplayer Expansion" every once in a while. The goal with that is at least minimum wage for the time I spent working on the game. Will we hit that? Anyone's guess. For the time being, I code because I enjoy it and I have nothing else to do! Smile

Thank you for your patronage, I hope you enjoy the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Potential Buyer Question - by Grim.Reaper - 06-06-2014, 05:03 AM
RE: Potential Buyer Question - by Arakash - 06-06-2014, 05:11 AM
RE: Potential Buyer Question - by Eric.B - 06-06-2014, 07:48 AM
RE: Potential Buyer Question - by Grim.Reaper - 06-06-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Potential Buyer Question - by Eric.B - 06-06-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Potential Buyer Question - by Grim.Reaper - 06-07-2014, 04:32 AM