Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details
(01-15-2015, 01:36 AM)madman12 Wrote: That's what I had guessed. How does it improve sales of older and wealthier people btw? Thought GearCity was selling cars not people Tongue
You don't sell to people directly, however the ~things~ that buy vehicles in the game are artificial people lumped together in demographical groups.

Just like in real life. If you don't have people buying from dealers, then you don't have dealers ordering from branches.

Quote:Guessing you mean for luxury sedans having a higher comfort rating would increase its sales to older and wealthier people but the primary value for a luxury sedan is luxury so it sort of comes with the body type.
For 1.18, no, I mean older and wealther people will put more weight into luxury and comforts as it's what their demographics typically want. Younger demographics will want performance and fuel economy, middle aged demographics look for cargo and safety.

As it is now (1.17) demographics only get a tiny boost to certain ratings depending on the group.

The more demographics that buy a vehicle, the more your dealerships will request, the more vehicles you sell. People are represented in the game. That's why we have "demographics" in the first place. Smile

It's just implemented poorly, and not very transparent. Which should hopefully improve after 1.18 is released. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details - by Eric.B - 01-15-2015, 01:52 AM