Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details
I usually do not expand my US branches beyond the Eastern Seaboard, the American West is not yet fully developed in the early years - though Los Angeles is (obviously) steadily growing, it's not worth it until the 1930s. So you should definitely have your main branch in NY and its vicinity, including Boston. Further west, Chicago is the big player with Indianapolis and Detroit being important as well. You need not bother going south. Although you could feasible have branches "everywhere", I don't think it's worth it as the profit margin is generally very small. This is especially true for Europe. Although transportation costs are rather low compared to the US, branch costs usually prevent cities like Luxembourg from being a viable sales location Wink. It is usually sufficient to cover the main population centers, like Paris, Berlin, Hamburg...Madrid is already a questionable choice and not very profitable in my opinion, same goes for Italian locations (as transportation costs start to mount unless you put a factory there). Don't bother with the Balkans for obvious reasons.

That being said, and as others have pointed out, you CAN sell cars everywhere - it may just be a little harder. AFAIK you can even positively influence the per-capita and growth of cities by putting factories there and paying the people decent wages, thus enabling them to buy your vehicles. Pretty neat feature.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details - by freeman2344 - 04-27-2014, 06:32 PM