Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Edition Suggestions
Personally, I really don't like special editions that give people more features for extra cost. Frankly, I think it's quite rude punishing people who are financially limited.

I don't know that there's really room for a special edition in a small game made by so few people. The early access to new betas only creates more work for Eric by making him have to release everything twice and it's just another way of punishing people that don't have the money to spare for the special edition. Physical things are probably the best bet buy they become unfeasible to make available to people outside of the country of production unless they are kept really small.

My two cents. Special editions should be released after an expac or two and be a special package deal including all features to date. They should be a way to lower the cost of entry for late comers and maybe then include something interesting but not game changing so people with cash might consider buying it even if they already have everything.

The name in the game option is a good one though. It doesn't restrict things from people with money problems but gives a real reward to those with cash to spare and the will to spend it. The only issue with it is it's only available up to a certain point in development and can't be offered after the games launch which is when it'll most likely gain the most interest in a special edition.

Messages In This Thread
Special Edition Suggestions - by Arakash - 04-07-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Special Edition Suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 04-07-2014, 06:51 AM
RE: Special Edition Suggestions - by Arakash - 04-07-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Special Edition Suggestions - by Arakash - 04-07-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Special Edition Suggestions - by freeman2344 - 04-07-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Special Edition Suggestions - by Eric.B - 05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: Special Edition Suggestions - by freeman2344 - 05-01-2014, 08:41 AM