Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
International marketing and sales
I'm not sure how to word this but I think it should be possible to get sales from regions you don't have branches in through the branches you do have.

For example, it impossible to buy Chevrolet in Australia, however there are at least a dozen or so Camaros that people imported brand new here as well as the odd Corvette. Similarly there are no Bugatti dealers here as far as I know but there is at least one Veyron.

This could also be tied into a global marketing budget that boosts your rep in cities you don't have branches in. Everyone in the city I live in has heard of a Ferrari but I'd bet less than 10% have ever seen one and I doubt any have ever driven one.

The global marketing generates global interest in the marque. Interested buyers pay the freight, probably at double what the player pays because they don't get the bulk rates massive companies shipping hundreds of units get. The freight cost will effect what people are willing to pay. Someone in Moscow isn't going to pay to have an economy hatchback shipped from London but every now and then someone from Melbourne or Tokyo will probably be willing to pay a fortune to have a really nice limo or super car shipped from Milan.

This wouldn't help massive companies turning over high volumes of cheap cars much but it could make a big difference to someone trying to run a small boutique brand.

Messages In This Thread
International marketing and sales - by Frankschtaldt - 03-29-2014, 03:35 AM