Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finer granulation of factory production
I don't know how popular this idea will be but I'll float it here to gauge.

In the last few games I've played I have had a focus on smaller production outputs companies (a sports company that sold nationally but relied on small volume / high margin vehicles and a company operating solely in Australia plus a couple others) and I have often found it all but impossible to balance production to some of the lower turnaround vehicles (I've also found this in some larger games but to a lesser extent). I find I invariably end up with one or two vehicles that I alternate turning production on, then off again almost every turn in an effort to not run out of stock or end up with 6 months worth.

I propose factories be broken up into a greater number of lines but maintain current output capacities. I would say either a factor of 2 or 3 would be enough but possibly more if enough people like the idea.

So, using the attached screenshot as an example, instead of having one line using 87 staff and building 71 vehicles it would be one line = 29 staff & 24 vehicles (ish). Meaning I can fill three lines and get the same output at the same cost but I have the option of only filling 2 or maybe 4 for finer tuning giving me greater opportunity to be able to leave it alone for longer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Finer granulation of factory production - by Frankschtaldt - 03-23-2014, 01:19 AM