Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Marque takeover bugged? (1.12)
I've started a new game with the intent of trying to make the biggest company possible and push the game as hard as I can.
I have tried numerous times to take over a number of companies that were failing only to have every offer rejected. With one company I tried buying shares (up to 35%) and then waiting a couple of months before making a maximum offer and getting another rejection only to have the company collapse the following turn (losing all my shares in the process).
I saw another company lose 105% (that number makes no sense I know, I'm assuming it's calculated as a % of current share value rather than last months share value) of their share value in a single month so decided to offer them a max buyout bid only to get rejected again.
As another test I just went and made a buyout bid on every company I could afford and got rejected on all of them.

So, yeah, I don't know if this is actually a bug or if I have just overlooked some new requirement for buying out that was introduces in 1.12.

Okay, now it gets weird....

So I go click the IPO button to see if that changes things. I make an offer on one of the companies that rejected me earlier, they reject me again so I crank it up to a max bid and try again and they accept!! WOOT!! I don't know if it's because I IPO'd or not but I had made so many rejected offers before it makes me think that it did.

Only, now I also own the company that I mentioned I tried buying shares for before they collapsed.
Now, it's possible that I already owned them and I just didn't look but I'm pretty sure I did. Either way, I definitely received a rejection notification from them every time I made an offer but now I own them. Could it be that I took ownership because I owned enough shares when they collapsed?

The annoying thing is, I wanted both companies for the same thing, a luxury line =/

I have included a save file in case Eric wants to look at it.

Attached Files
.rar   SM.rar (Size: 1.11 MB / Downloads: 511)

Messages In This Thread
[TESTING]Marque takeover bugged? (1.12) - by Frankschtaldt - 03-12-2014, 06:09 AM
RE: Marque takeover bugged? (1.12) - by Sarchez - 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Marque takeover bugged? (1.12) - by Eric.B - 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM