Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cargo Space
Cargo space, to the layperson is apparently confusing. As (once more!) discussed in chat between Arakash and I, with you of course chiming in, Eric, it seems that there needs to be some clarification as to what constitutes Cargo Space.

We've finally figured out that cargo is the term for any interior space essentially - however, for the layperson as we noted, cargo is goods, things, stuff that isn't people, and thus the sort of thing you'd put in your trunk. I get that the industry refers to Cargo as anything that goes into the vehicle that is being transported...but I do think that a rename for some of us wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some ideas for names (for the slider at least):

Interior Space - Troublesome for trucks, yes, but a little more obvious, in a way for everything else

Utility Space - Sounds a little like cargo, in that it's more industrial, but it also could be (more easily) linked to space utilization (obviously) in the cabin, trunk, and other areas. It's a much more general term.

Usable Area - Like Interior/Utility, quite general and I rather like it, but it sounds so vague, almost as if it also includes things like the engine area, among other nooks and crannies as well.

Cargo/Interior Space - A combined term that is probably the best to be honest of them, but a little vague perhaps in a sense.

Alternatively, if the term Space sounds a little off when added to each of them, I'd suggest appending Volume to it, make it a touch more technical and easier to grasp that of course we aren't talking just floor space but also height.

Messages In This Thread
Cargo Space - by Geredis - 02-18-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: Cargo Space - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Cargo Space - by Sarchez - 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Cargo Space - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Cargo Space - by Frankschtaldt - 02-18-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Cargo Space - by girao - 02-18-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Cargo Space - by Sarchez - 02-18-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: Cargo Space - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: Cargo Space - by Geredis - 02-19-2014, 08:19 AM