Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Factory manager
Thinking more about the automated factory discussed in this thread I thought rather than continuing to hijack that thread I'd start a new one to discuss it.

My new thinking regarding this is to have a factory manager as a position you can hire and you can hire one at each factory rather than having it as a single checkbox that takes control of all of your factories.

How this would work is by adjusting production for the factories where the managers are hired according to how many units are sold vs how many were made the previous turn. The player would still need too set the initial production level as the manager would only increase or decrease production of vehicles that were already being made.

So, for an example, the player has a factory in London and Berlin and has just released a new sedan. To try to make sure they have enough for the first months rush they set 5 lines at each factory to make the new Sedan. London being the black hole that it is swallows up all of its production and a little bit if Berlin's however the lower demand for vehicles elsewhere means that only half of the vehicles made in Berlin sell this month. Now, both factories have managers so as the last thing done that turn the London factory detects that it has sold everything it's made and decides to increase its production by adding another line to make the new Sedan, Berlin on the other hand only sold half what it made so it halves it's production rounding up to 3 lines.
Next month London still used it's entire production but because it made more it's self it took less off Berlin which means Berlin only sold half if it's newly reduced run. As such, London adds another line to keep up with demand and Berlin halves it's output (rounding up) to 2.
This would create a fairly realistic and dynamic automated system with a real cost to the player for taking the easy path (having to pay a factory manager).
The only real issue I can see with this is the player have to restart production of vehicles the manager shut down (if the player had more stock than what was sold in a month thus nothing the factory made sold that month). Perhaps some kind of "allow production" checkbox could be added that would allow the factory manager to start making something if the players other factories couldn't keep up with demand?

Note: the reason I said the adjustment to production should be the last thing for a turn rather than the first thing based of the previous turn is so the player has the chance to over rule the factory managers decisions and not just have them automatically changed back as soon as the hit the clock.

Messages In This Thread
Factory manager - by Frankschtaldt - 02-13-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Factory manager - by Arakash - 02-13-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Factory manager - by Frankschtaldt - 02-14-2014, 04:25 AM
RE: Factory manager - by Arakash - 02-14-2014, 07:07 AM
RE: Factory manager - by Frankschtaldt - 02-14-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Factory manager - by Arakash - 02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Factory manager - by Frankschtaldt - 02-15-2014, 03:42 AM
RE: Factory manager - by Arakash - 02-15-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Factory manager - by Frankschtaldt - 02-15-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Factory manager - by Arakash - 02-15-2014, 08:46 PM