Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Levels/Magazine Written Descriptions
I've broken your post apart to better answer it.

(02-06-2014, 12:22 PM)Arakash Wrote: (Hearts of Iron, up to crazy games like War in the East) which other people don't touch.

Different perspectives and different games for different people i suppose. Nothing wrong with that Smile

I'm also a Paradox fan, and I've gone through my share of Matrix and Slitherine products as well, so I'm also in the same boat as you when it comes to being a grognard and numbers guy in the right context.

Quote:[...]
For now, id just like to get some quality and informative feedback that takes into account competitors and tells you things you cant see from a glance at the vehicle stats.
e.g.
"This vehicle is heavier than most on the Market"
"This vehicle is underpowered for its weight compared to others on the market"
"This Vehicle fails to meet the high standards of Comfort and Luxury set by others on the market"
"While a high quality vehicle, this Compact Car will likely not be popular due to its low fuel economy"
"The reliable V420 engine is highly regarded in the community, the vehicle is bound to be more popular from the engine alone"
"The low safety record of the most recent Company 1 offerings is likely to mean this vehicle will never reach the popularity it may have done normally.

Yes, exactly. I'd love for this same sort of feedback in the design process as well. And maybe also, instead of randomly cycling through feedback, there's an arrow key so, if there are multiple comments, you can read them all instead of randomly having them comment on just one area.

Quote:You pointed out that the current systems are likely to be improved, so having more of them shouldn't be dismissed on that basis alone.
I still remain lukewarm and somewhat somewhat pessimistic about it, probably because i think i perceive there to be larger problems with the current implementation than you seem to...

And this is why I brought it up, the current system is indeed lacking, but that shouldn't stop us from looking for other areas that could benefit from that same sort of feature, and then hope that by devoting some attention to this new area, additional areas of improvement might come up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Factory Levels with Written Description - by Geredis - 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM