Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Unofficial) FAQ
Not sure this the best thread to post in (so feel free to move that post somewhere it should fit best), but I would not suggest London as first (and best) location to start with.

I tried to start there in a new game, and well, it is so more difficult than to actually start in NYC.

As an example, I've been suffering many many (and many) months loosing profits in London between 1904 and 1910-1912. That is, I was loosing about $ 300K a month during that whole period (if I remember well, I think I had one month profits of about $ 4K)...

First thing is, I don't know if this is related to the game itself, but selling cars in London does not allow you to make profitable margins. At least, not as profitable as in NYC. My one-car strategy did not permit to sell more than x1.3 my production cost per vehicle. That is, $ 600 cost for a car sold between 800 and 900 at max! Of course, not to mention that my strategy was to sell more than 2-3 cars a month.

Second, as a proof of that, I'd say that relocating everything in the US at year 1912 (that is, closing all branches and factories and reopening it in the US) allowed me to make my first profitable month in many years, on the only second month there (Went from - $ 300k to $ 50K). Then, I also was able to produce (and obviously sell) more cars in the US. I went from merely 500 units a months in Europe (UK and France only) to nearly 1200 units per months selling in NYC, Philadelphia and Boston only, again, in a few months only (Let's say 3-4 months).

Again, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to say that. Willing to help here, please do not throw me rocks Wink
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI

Messages In This Thread
(Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-12-2014, 04:14 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Laurent Tommy Flanagann - 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: (Unofficial) FAQ - by Arakash - 05-29-2014, 08:25 AM