Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My (Very) Successful company
Hello there,

I'll try to make this thread as structured as I can, but I totally forgot to take print screens during my game (except in later dates), so I'll try to explain myself the best I can...

So I started my company in NY (Which is obviously the bigger market for US), same as I did in Detroit a few years ago. Simply because, well, not that many places were to sell cars in 1900!!!

As a matter of facts, this is my first game as I had been trying 2-3 times to design cars without success before it. Once I got it, I launched this game to play!

So, my first car was a Sedan, the 1900 Iza Motors Co Hamburger (Yeah, I know...) that had been available for production by the end of 1901.

So I started to sell it at $ 2000 (or maybe 2500, I can't remember), but the price has been moving between 2500 and 1600 mostly... My technique here was to setup production, to check sales, then readjust production, and then, once I could not get any more sales, I adapted the price. As a matter of facts I also had to open several branches overtime to sell it, but I stayed within the US only! That car helped me making lots of money, and before launching the Duck, I could afford building a balanced factory in Boston. And I sold this car until 1915, year of the updated trim/model, the Hamburger 2...

Between those two cars, I launched the Duck, a Full-sized Sedan because I noted the demand was above average... Well, that was obviously a good idea, and I sold this car from 1907 to 1916 at a higher price than the first one... About +$500 more than the hamburger... Again, this production allowed me to get a full high-everything factory in Chicago.

And then, after having already bought some other companies (I usually made between 300K to 800K a month during that period) in order to fast use their production facilities while constructing my new factory in Chicago (well fast use is a quick-said word as I had to close everything that I did not want to use), I decided to launch my sports car. Because Nothing beats a sports car lol! And here came the sportster, in 1912.

For this one, again, in my mind, the scope was higher than the two previous one, and I also sold it $500+ than the Duck (3500 at launch, until 1800 by the end). Still with a certain success! This is exactly when I decided NOT to launch any new car WITHOUT having built, first, new production facility...

That is exactly when my sales went high!!! I made my first mil/month in 1913, as my sportster sales went from 500 in 1912 to 10000 in 1913 (with the new factory, I can not remember exactly where)! Of course, I retooled all my factories, but my greatest discover had been to retool branches on summer 1913! WAOW, could not imagine that result!!! By then, I built then 2 high-everything factories (all sliders up!) for 10m each! And also, I started to close all my branches to immediatly open now ones (Again, with all sliders up)...

So, as I noted that the pickup design was quoted HIGH, I made the decision to produce a pickup truck. It took me barely the same time to develop it as it took to build a new factory (Yeah, I already did not have any money problem left) and then I launched it, the Celeste.
After this, sales were not high, they were INSANE!!! Between 1916 and 1922 (6 years) I had produced and sold more than 1200000 celeste, as well as I launched the hamburger 2 in 1916. So I got VEEEEEEEEERY rich, and I was continuously buying all available market shares any time they were available.

At this point, I planned to restart the company I bought several years before, in order to use it in Europe, and therefore, to expand. The Buttgotti company, which had been famous here in europe (And also which had won more races that ANY constructor so far). I had problems designing the car as I did not find how to create Buttgottis instead of IMC cars... But once I managed to do so (Thanks again Eric), I created first the GP Type 35A which was designed and sold only to be allowed to participate (and hopefully win) in racing... Well, it did not work out with the racing stuff, but I was low producing it (around 25) a month at a price of $ 5000 and well... It sold!

Then, I wanted to enter more seriously the market there, so I created the Brescia, and opened branches in France, England and Germany, as weel as a new high-everything factory in Genoa (Production costs almost negatives lol). Results were there, and I continued the same type of expansion I already have realized within the US market a few years before. For two years of selling, I produced and sold 250K of it with prices between 3000 at launch and 2500 nowadays... It became, in two years ONLY, the 6th sales record, not bad isn't it?

Well, then I relaunched a new GP car (Type 35B, evolution of the 35A) and same as before, produced it in small amount the first year (24 sales, at $5500)... Then I decided to look other way, lowered the price at 4500, and then 4000 (in 1923), but the second year of selling, I sold 10500 of those, that's what is called a raise in sales right?

And... That's it... This is were I stand right, december 1923. Good news is I had planned to do this thread about 1921, so I took pictures of the december monthly sales and profits, as well as market capitalization. One thing I forgot to mention though, I launched an IPO in the very begining of the game, which led me to progressively loose my personal shares... But in the end, who cares? I'll try not to be on the stock market until I already have huge sales results, but I still don't know if this is some kinda related to one another (maybe I was that successful because of the IPO)...

Here are the screens:

December 1920, first is Sales & Profits, 2nd is Market CAP:

December 1921:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI

Messages In This Thread
My (Very) Successful company - by Laurent Tommy Flanagann - 01-03-2014, 05:17 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-03-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Eric.B - 01-13-2014, 12:06 PM