Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[WONT]Auto wage/hire default off?
(03-22-2014, 01:28 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: its not a micromanagement burden to have it off at game start though.

Having it off forces you to press one button twice and that it!

You set up research for your components and click the "Fill research" button. End turn until your components are finished then set up your vehicles, hit "Fill research" again then end turn till a vehicle is finished.

At this point you turn auto hire/wage back on. You've saved in excess if $100k in wages for clicking a button twice and two check boxes twice. Having them default off will reduce the number of clicks by a third and teach new players not to waste money on hiring people they don't have jobs for!
You said having it default "off" forces you to press one button twice, well having it default "on" only forces you to press a few buttons as well, so that's not a great argument for it.

I consider teaching complacency(not wasting money) less important that trying to create a nice learning curve for new players.
Players have plenty of opportunity to fine tune their game and wages if they choose to do so, all they have to do is turn auto wage/hire off.
I imagine a lot of new players will, just like i did eventually, micromanage their wages/hiring in certain situations if they see the need and benefit for it. I consider it more of an advanced feature for fine tuning and skilled players rather than a standard one that every player will do.

Also, i totally reject the idea that having it as default off will reduce the number of clicks.
As i said for me, it will actually increase the number of clicks i do on my average game as i very rarely use it.

Im yet to be convinced that there is more benefit than downsides for this suggestion.
If a lot of players chime in that they always micromanage wages and hiring on the first turn, then im open to the idea that you could implement it for that reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Eric.B - 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Eric.B - 03-21-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-21-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-22-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-22-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Auto wage/hire default off? - by Arakash - 03-22-2014, 04:40 AM