Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Look - First Thoughts
(01-05-2014, 09:58 AM)geozero Wrote: Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas.

I will in future separate what I believe to be bugs after searching herein... my intent with this first thread was just first impressions overall from a very potential consumer. Smile

I played another new game last night and was able to do well. I even took over two companies and expanded the marketing distribution, car lines, and factories. I also doubled my money after buying them out... hmm. OK.

Distribution increased from 3 cities to 12, factories from 1 to 4, and active car lines from 2 to 7. All car lines were different, thus rounding out my company and all were profitable.

For the most part I set my prices around $1300-$2500. The best I could tell was if the price seemed to high there would be decreased sales for 3 month or so... then I would adjust price. Seems that consumers were willing to pay average of around $1600 for a car (up until around 1910 when I stopped playing). Just need to make cars for less than $600 to make a whopping $1000 profit for each. Then its a matter of expanding market distribution. I was very quickly making $750k or more per month. With the two company takeovers I also had new engines, gear boxes, etc. to experiment, and I bought a few for a few hundred dollars (looking for ones that were better rated than mine). This allowed me to create the most versatile car line while keeping costs as low as possible.

The game is fun.

Again on the pricing.
One thing i do know is that the per capita shown on the world map represents the average income of people in that area, though it follows the graph i showed.

From my experience, your price depends on what type of vehicle you are selling.
For example, again around 1910, ive been able to make a compact and microcar(i made a thread in the General discussions about it) for the middle class that i sell for ~450 for marginal profit, or around 500-600 for decent profit.
At least in my mind, putting it around the per capita mark makes it accessible to 40-50% of the population, rather than the 20-30% that having it at 2 or 3x capita would.
But that's just a guess on my part.

I agree that 1200-1500 seems to be a realistic and decent figure in the US/UK.

Glad to hear your enjoying the game btw, ive had a lot of fun with it myself, im looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Messages In This Thread
First Look - First Thoughts - by geozero - 01-04-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: First Look - First Thoughts - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: First Look - First Thoughts - by geozero - 01-05-2014, 09:58 AM
RE: First Look - First Thoughts - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: First Look - First Thoughts - by geozero - 01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: First Look - First Thoughts - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM