Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Thread
There was an issue with the forum and I lost this thread.... Lucky i have logs of it, to sum it up:

Quote:Crash on startup
I am currently crashing on startup of the newest beta, installed every file that it asked me for.

All i get is an error box saying it encountered a problem and has to close after looking at the details of the error i get this.

AppName: gearcity.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ogremain.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0024cda9

currently running windows xp

Quote:Odd,
Is it generating a log file? (Start, All Programs, GearCity Beta, GearCity Data Folder, Logfile.log)
If so please upload that.

Also could you give me your system specs? Particularly what kind of video card do you have?

Have you tried 1.09? If so how does it run? If not, try it from here: http://gearcity.info/Downloads/Beta/Gear...ta1.09.exe (uninstall 1.10 first)

Quote:log posted

Woo, It is a netbook.

I haven't had the chance to test GearCity on smaller computers. The issue is the game is trying to run a higher resolution than your computer can handle.

Return to the same folder than you found the log in, go into the settings folder and overwrite the videoconfig.xml file with the attached file. (You will have to unzip it)

If this file does not work then see if you can raise the resolution of the computer to higher setting... If that doesn't work we can try running it in full screen... (Crashing will lock up the system however.)

Let me know if it works.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
ze1and0nly Crash on Startup - by Eric.B - 12-02-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: ze1and0nly Crash on Startup - by Eric.B - 12-02-2013, 12:48 AM
RE: ze1and0nly Crash on Startup - by Arakash - 12-11-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: ze1and0nly Crash on Startup - by Eric.B - 12-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Crash Thread - by Eric.B - 03-31-2014, 09:03 AM