Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art Submission Guidelines and Terms and Conditions
We are currently not accepting any new artist submissions. Thank you.

Art Submission

Welcome and thanks for being interested in submitting art work to Gear City!

As of right now we're in need of approximately 200 vehicle models. We're offering $20 per model, morphed and animated to our specifications. Visit here for detailed instructions on how to create the models.

Guidelines

Any model submitted to Visual Entertainment and Technologies must meet the following guidelines.
  • Have at least 20 morphs. (The more the better)
  • Must work inside the Designer Test Tool.
  • Must be ORGINAL work.
  • Must include all source files (.max file)
  • Must be submitted in a .zip, .rar, or .7z format.
  • Must agree to "Terms and Conditions" listed on this page.

You must be a registered member to submit artwork. Don't worry it's easy to sign up!

To submit art, post a thread on the Your Submissions sub-forum. Your thread will only be visible to you. Please include your email address and attach the zip containing your work. If approved we will contact you via email and thread regarding license and payment.
FAQ

Q) I've submitted work but have not received any payments.
A) All art work submitted to us is subject to approval. We will contact you when your work is approved or disapproved.

Q) My work was approved will I have to sign another contract to receive payment?
A) Yes! Copyrights to any approved work must be signed over before payment.

Q) If I submit work will you use it in the game without paying me?
A) NO! You retain copyrights when you submit work to us. You only grant us rights to evaluate your work inside our game. If we accept your work we will have you sign another contract granting us non-exclusive copyrights to your work in exchange for payment. You will still retain copyrights to your work even after we pay you.

Q) How will you pay me?
A) Currently we offer payments via PayPal worldwide and/or Check for addresses inside the United States.

Any other questions? Please feel free to ask in this thread!

Submission Terms and Conditions
This is the agreement ("Agreement") between you the artist ("Artist") and Visual Entertainment and Technologies and/or Eric B Jones, ("VENT") concerning the Artist's uploaded and submitted work (the "Artist Work") to the ventdev.com website or any websites ran by VENT (the "Website(s)"). It also concerns VENT's use of Artist Work on the Website(s).
THE PARTIES AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Term: The term ("Term") of this Agreement starts on the time that the Artist Work is uploaded to any Website(s) and continues until either Artist or VENT terminates this Agreement in writing or by the removal of Artist Work by either the Artist or VENT.
2. Ownership: Artist at all times retains all right in and to the Artist Work provided by Artist (including, without limitation, the copyrights in and to the Artist Work), subject to licenses granted to VENT under this Agreement and any future contracts between Artist and VENT. Artist is free to grant similar rights to others during and after the Term of this Agreement.
3. License Granted: As and when Artist Work is uploaded to the Website(s), Artist grants to VENT royalty-free,worldwide, non-exclusive license to test and evaluate Artist Work within VENT products for the duration of the Term.
4. No Warranty: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VENT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
5. Modification: VENT reserves the right to amend the terms of this Agreement at its sole discretion. VENT will have a notification of changes posted on the News portion of Website(s). If Artist does not accept the new terms of the Agreement, Artist's only remedy will be to terminate this Agreement, However if Artist continues to upload Artist Work after being notified they will be deemed to have accepted those the changes of the Agreement.
the link for 'here' gives a 404
Yes, we stopped taking submissions in 2011, and the website was redesigned sometime in 2012-2013 ish.... Thus the old tutorial are probably gone off the server now. (A quick look and I didn't see it.)

When the mod tools are released in 1.22, we'll be building a wiki for the game which will include how to build/export models. In the meantime if you really need help, bug MrX_ua, he may have the tutorial saved some wheres.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski