Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking forward to it
Cars and aircraft are big favorites of mine and I am very happy (excited) to see you guys intend on tackling both in management titles. Many moons ago I enjoyed a game called "Airlines 2" and every so often I look up new airline/aircraft management titles and the only thing I find is some online only stuff I don't worry about.

If Aero Mogul is going to be in the direction GearCity looks to be going it will be another must buy for me. Keep up the good work Smile
(01-02-2013, 11:35 AM)VIPERGTSR01 Wrote: Cars and aircraft are big favorites of mine and I am very happy (excited) to see you guys intend on tackling both in management titles. Many moons ago I enjoyed a game called "Airlines 2" and every so often I look up new airline/aircraft management titles and the only thing I find is some online only stuff I don't worry about.

If Aero Mogul is going to be in the direction GearCity looks to be going it will be another must buy for me. Keep up the good work Smile

I loved Airlines 2! I bought it when it came out. I still have the CD around here somewhere... I also own the original, Airbucks, Aerobiz, and Aerobiz Supersonic on SNES.

Of those, we're aiming for the simpleness of the Aerobiz series with the detail of http://www.airwaysim.com/ (very good game might I add).
We'll probably be using C4 engine which means much prettier graphics.

All in all AeroMogul should be better than GearCity. Wink

Thanks for the support!
Thanks for the info

I tried playing Airlines 2 a couple months ago and had some issue with quicktime, I think it needed a much older version to work correctly or something. I wish I knew about Aerobiz and the likes way back in the SNES/Genesis days.

I know Aero Mogul is a ways off but I do still look forward to it.
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I still haven't found a presentation thread confused

I registered because I think these two projects are AWESOME: I still play Motor City on DOSBox and I thank you for let me know about AirwaySim and Airlines Two.

I look forward to the next week to play the BETA of Gear City Wink
(03-23-2013, 11:54 AM)Corwin86 Wrote: Hi,

I registered because I think these two projects are AWESOME: I still play Motor City on DOSBox and I thank you for let me know about AirwaySim and Airlines Two.

Welcome to the forums.

Should we have an introduction forum? I never liked writing introductions myself. biggrin

I've always liked Motor City much more than Detroit but two things about that game always pissed me off: 1) The game ends in 1940 and 2) The annoying guy who says "We can't find that" when you try to contract car parts. Why give me the option if it doesn't exist?!

AirwaySim is loads of fun, but it's slow and gets expensive quickly. I prefer Aerobiz series to Airline series, but Aerobiz isn't on the PC Sad

Anyways, welcome to the forums!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(03-23-2013, 04:01 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 11:54 AM)Corwin86 Wrote: Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Should we have an introduction forum? I never liked writing introductions myself. biggrin

I've always liked Motor City much more than Detroit but two things about that game always pissed me off: 1) The game ends in 1940 and 2) The annoying guy who says "We can't find that" when you try to contract car parts. Why give me the option if it doesn't exist?!

AirwaySim is loads of fun, but it's slow and gets expensive quickly. I prefer Aerobiz series to Airline series, but Aerobiz isn't on the PC Sad

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Yeah, the "guy with mustaches that always look you like you are crazy" still haunts my nights Smile)

I think Max Design produced many great simulation games: check also for "Zeppelin: Giants of the Sky". It have a sepia (I think it's said like this...) graphics that is awesome, and the simulation is strong and difficult.

I think that a good aero sim simulation it hasn't still produced for PC.
Airwaysim looks really great! Too bad for using 3 € at month (that is too much), but they have done an excellent job, for sure.
Since it it so early in production, and IF you have time - please do put out any suggestions/wishes/requests out ahead of time. It'd make thing easier for the Devs and more fun for you in the end ... As far as I know - there is a separate "suggestions" category for AeroMogul...
This would be a great game idea. Count me in.
Count me in too.
One question ,
will you be able to design own planes from scratch as you can with cars in gearcity.?
(06-18-2014, 07:14 PM)shadow Wrote: Count me in too.
One question ,
will you be able to design own planes from scratch as you can with cars in gearcity.?

No, the game will be based around running an airline. Not designing airplanes as the design changes in aircraft rarely happens. (Great example is the 747, the basic design is now over 45 years old...)

That being said, based on your actions some companies may stick around longer, creating new designs that have not been seen in the world...

Lookmeed L2011 QuadStar anyone? biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski